Monday 15 January 2007

Marzena Nowak

Dear JB Joly, I would like to wish you all the best in this new year.

I am in Poland now but I am happy to coming back to Schloss in about week because of presentation. I manage to make small wood installation which I will take with me, I also spoke with Johanna and it will be no problem to show video with her playing (although it was difficult to convince her).

It is also very interesting for me to take part in the Urbanity project, because of it I came back to utopian ideas of Koolhas, Cedric Price ( "architectire is not to solve problems"), and polish T. Slawek, I found the most interesting early texts of Bernard Tschumi - Manhattan Transcripts ("Architecture is not simply about space and form, but also about event, action and what happens in space") I was interested mostly in relations city/architecture - people/human body. I am still in the process... From my side I would like to propose drawings (I am sending examples) they are drawings of cutouts used for sewing - very close to body, put on together, they create forms of architecture, city maps. This I would like to support with fotos and the paperfold architectural object based on cutouts. I would like to bring more materials with me and if it will be possible show them to you when I will be in Schloss.

If you accept this idea within the ideal urbanity project I will be happy to send it further to Fabrizio and urbanity mailing list.

All the best from Warsaw


No comments: